How awesome are we at staying on schedule? The answer, not at all. Sorry, but with all the writers on strike I’ve been taking my time to put together a new script for a zany sitcom. I don’t want to reveal too much but let’s just say it will be a mix of Homeboys in Outer space and Laugh In. Expect big things.
In other (no scab) news we got to sit down with Chris and Brett of the band Last of the Believers. If the names sound familiar it’s probably because Chris and Brett are common names. However, it’s also because Chris used to be in Rise Against and Brett currently basses for Ignite. So trust me when I say Last of the Believers have a pedigree you need to hear to truly appreciate.
Also, we have two free copies of their re-released EP Paper Ships Under a Burning Bridge. All you need to do is listen to the last 8 minutes of the broadcast and learn how to enter to win (act excited!). Always, e-mail us at SoundSceneRevolution[at]Gmail[dot]com, on MySpace or in the comments section. Enjoy that shit. And remember “There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.”
After doing these things for two years it’s hard to come up with new and funny shit to say, especially when I’m old and not funny. So here’s the cold hard facts:
1) this weeks interview is with This is My Fist!
2) They’re 3 guys and a girl who are located in the Bay Area and Chicago.
3) Ever wished someone would revive the urgent, snotty punk of the early 90’s? They got your ass covered.
4) This interview was done outside, in the cold while Annie was losing her voice. Sorry if it sucks. The fine folks of This is My First deserve better.
5) We have some amazing contests lined up in the coming week, including prizes valued over $200 (no fucking shit!). So stay tuned for those.
6) Always write us at SoundSceneRevolution@gmail.com, on MySpace or in the comments section. We love you ho’s!
7) Seriously sorry about the raping Jake Gyllenhaal joke…it’s best we don’t drag that out.
Hope you like it, see y’all next week and remember when you’re R. Kelly, you can even piss on an American Idol loser.
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, sorry. Well, not really but I feel bad because life must have sucked while we were gone. But we’re glad to be back and glad to let you listen to more of our shenanigans, tomfoolery and buttsex. We happen to have an awesome new band on the show today I could only mean Gaslight Anthem.
These boys hail from New Jersey and play awesome rock songs with heart, feeling, love and enough balls to make even your slutty grandma happy. They’ve got one full length, Sink or Swim, and an EP slated for release this month on Sabot Productions called Señor and the Queen. Trust me, they’ve got a steadily building fanbase and you’re going to want to listen now or regret it later.
We have a ton of great things coming up, including out biggest contest to date (we’re talking it’s so big that a comedian from the 1990’s would compare it to your fat mother). So don’t sleep on it. We promise we’re gonna start flinging new shit out there and if you miss it don’t come crying to me with some sob story. You missed the Chuck Ragan live CD, too bad. You missed the Asian Mantravaganza, Boo-hoo. Do not miss our coming shows or you will have no one but yourself and your fanciful god to blame. For free coupons and spam send us a line at SoundSceneRevolution@gmail.com, out MySpace, or the comments section.